Running out of phone or PC storage? Chill! Online cloud storage servers will help you host your entire duration of data – be it photos, videos, documents or whatever you create. However, they don’t can be found in cheap. Just what exactly do you do? Storing your computer data in lightweight hard disks is the only choice, nevertheless, you cannot keep your computer data well-organized and secure either. To the rescue will be a NAS to storeyou’re your personal/official data locally, privately and securely. Moreover, a NAS could be much more than simply a data storage box on your own network.
Get Upto 50% Off in Amazon Black Friday Sale
Get Synology DS218+ NAS in Amazon (Black Friday, Cyber Monday )
- Synology 2 Bay NAS DiskStation DS220+ (Diskless) – Check Price in Amazon
- Synology 2 bay NAS DiskStation DS218 (Diskless) – Check Price in Amazon
- Synology 2 bay NAS DiskStation DS220j (Diskless), 2-bay; 512MB DDR4 – Check Price in Amazon
- Synology DiskStation DS218+ Mini Desktop NAS Server, Intel Celeron J3355 Dual-Core, 6GB DDR3L Synology SDRAM, 2TB SSD – Check Price in Amazon
- Synology DiskStation DS218+ 2-Bay NAS Enclosure, Dual-Core 2.0GHz, No HDD – Check Price in Amazon
Check Prices in All Stores Synology DS218+ NAS [Black Friday & Cyber Monday ]
Talk about a NAS and Synology is among the first names that involves mind. Synology has been around the industry for long plus they are renowned for his or her network storage boxes world over. With an extremely secure and feature-rich operating-system riding on robust and energy-efficient hardware, the Synology DiskStations create an exclusive data cloud for just about any office or home. Let’s dive in to the 2-bay Synology DiskStation DS218+ to determine how it can benefit you with your entire data management requirements aside from doubling up as a specialist server from and in your living room.
DESIGN AND SPECIFICATIONS
The NAS is only a straightforward low-powered PC that’s driven by a Linux-based operating-system sans the monitor, keyboard or mouse. The Synology NAS includes a DiskStation operating-system and is attached physically or wirelessly to your house or office network and may be handled from any PC, tablet or smartphone. The DS218+ is a 2-bay NAS and may support up to two internal 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch SATA HDDs or SSDs. With confirmed storage, users can share it placed contents over the network or internet, from their PC, tablet, notebook computer or smartphone. The DS NAS may also double up as a media streaming box, host a website, serve as a contact server, become a personal iTunes server and a whole lot, lot more.
The DS218+ looks similar to a tiny taster, is built within an all-plastic exterior but over a solid metal frame. Leading sports both drive bays that also gives usage of the RAM slot for memory upgrade, The energy button, some LED indicators, a USB 3.0 port and an instant copy button are also in advance. The rear panel houses all the connectivity, with a 1 x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45, 2 x USB 3.0 and 1 x e-SATA ports aside from a reasonably large cooling or exhaust fan. The NAS is powered by a dual core 2.5GHz Intel Celeron J3355 processor with 2GB of DDR3 RAM (expandable up to 6GB using the vacant slot) and two drive bays for either 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch SATA drives as high as 14TB each (to total 28TB).
If you are buying decent centralized storage solution for your house or small office, the DS218+ is satisfactory for 28TB. Simply plug in two hard disks and configure them in RAID, JBOD or whatever requirement you have according to speed or redundancy. All you have to to make sure is that both hard drives ought to be precisely identical models. Establishing the NAS is easy and you’ll need a lttle bit of technical know-how. We advise you enroll a pal if you are cautious with carrying it out yourself. Plugging in the hard disks is child’s play – simply grab the drive trays, place the hard disks and shove them back in – a totally tool-less design. Plug in the energy and network cable to your router, and off you go. Power on and run the original software that will search for your NAS on the network and the setup process will take you through options of preparing the inner drives for whatever you will need them for – data, entertainment, work,…, whatever. RAID options (Synology Hybrid RAID/Basic/JBOD/RAID 0/RAID 1) could be chosen for speed or security, that may depend completely on the type of your computer data storage requirement.
The internal drives could be configured (by default) on Btrfs and you could choose EXT4 file system if you want. We advise Btrfs because it addresses having less pooling, snapshots, checksums, and integral multi-device spanning in Linux file systems. Went bouncer? Relax; you don’t have to know everything about it in the event that you don’t want to. Simply put it to use as it is an improved and faster file system and more reliable compared to the currently used file systems in desktop PCs and servers.
The DiskStation interface could be accessed through any browser. The UI is easy, clean and pretty simple with help all on the way. Create your credentials, create shared drives and manage the several modules you should install. Modules such as for example web server, email server, video transcoder, media streaming, and hundreds more can be found from Synology and third-party developers. Once done easily start dumping your computer data in to the respective folders and allow DiskStation do the others for you.
You may also configure these devices to assist you design your own private streaming service from your living room into your bedroom. Simply turn up any compatible streaming module/app on the NAS, dump your media files (audio/video/photo) in to the respective default folders and the DS218+ will stream the same right to your phone, tablet, laptop, or TV. The DS218+ can be powerful enough to transcode videos up to 10-bit H.265 HEVC at a max 60 frames another which consists of built-in hardware transcoding engine. So relax and don’t think how your phone or TV will play your articles, simply leave it to the DS NAS. Alternatively, you might put it to use simultaneously as a web server, surveillance DVR, email or FTP server and much more. Pretty versatile aren’t they? Hence we recommend NAS units for many who have a whole lot of data around.
Well, this portion can’t be explained as easily since it will completely rely upon where, why and how you utilize it. But to place things in perspective, assuming you have the proper networking setup (CAT6 Gigabit), an easy enough dual band Wi-Fi router, and compatible or fairly new smart devices, you are set to find the best performance and solution. For power consumption, this little box may use up to maximum 17.5 Watts when completely swing, while less than 6 Watts when sleeping.
Backing up your computer data is really as simple as copy + paste – simply access the shared folders from a networked PC or smartphone/tablet and copy + paste your computer data across. If you need to backup data from your own pen drives or external storage drives, plug in the same to the USB port in advance and press the copy (C) button as well as your data from the storage will be supported to a specified folder in the NAS (should be configured accordingly).
Streaming audio/video/photos is pretty simple and must be primarily setup too. You can choose any media server module and configure it to choose media files from respective folders on the NAS. Then on the network, you need to use any compatible media player to search for media title placed on the NAS and these devices will stream it to your de
Synology 2 bay NAS DiskStation DS218 (Diskless)
- Versatile 2-bay NAS for small offices and home users
- 64-bit quad-core processor, delivering sequential throughput at over 112 MB/s reading and 112 MB/s writing
- 2 GB DDR4 memory, 4 times the capacity than its predecessor
- 4K 10-bit H.265 video transcoding on the fly. Supported client- Windows 7 and 10, Mac OS X 10.11 onwards. Supported browser- Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 10 onwards, Safari 10 onwards; Safari (iOS 10 onwards), Chrome (Android 6.0 onwards)
- Running on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM). Maximum Single Volume Size:108 TB
Synology 2 bay NAS DiskStation DS220j (Diskless), 2-bay; 512MB DDR4
6 used from $145.46
- 24/7 file server for your household to store share and backup personal data
- Award-winning DiskStation Manager (DSM) brings intuitive operation flow and reduces learning curve
- Access and share data with any Windows macOS and Linux computers or mobile devices
- Integrated media server to support multimedia content streaming
- Freely access private cloud files on-the-go and back up mobile photos with iOS and Android apps
Synology 2 Bay NAS DiskStation DS220+ (Diskless)
- Featured dual 1GbE LAN ports to support network failover, and with Link Aggregation enabled, DS220+ provides over 225 MB/s sequential read and 192 MB/s sequential write throughput. Data can be further protected with RAID 1 disk mirroring to prevent sudden drive failure.
- Intel dual-core processor with AES-NI hardware encryption engine; 2 GB DDR4 memory (expandable up to 6 GB)
- Access, share, and sync your data easily across different operating systems and devices.
- Average 15% performance boost to photo indexing and other computing-intensive operations, as well as database response time.
- By default, two camera licenses are installed; extra licenses can be purchased (CLP1, CLP4, or CLP8)
Synology DiskStation DS218+ Mini Desktop NAS Server, Intel Celeron J3355 Dual-Core, 6GB DDR3L Synology SDRAM, 2TB SSD, Synology DSM Software
- Synology DiskStation DS218+ Mini Desktop 2-Bay NAS is designed to be an energy efficient, easy to use home or small business storage solution for PC backup, file sharing, 4K media streaming and storage security
- Processor: Intel Celeron J3355 Dual-Core 2.0GHz 2MB CPU; Ports: RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port; 3 x USB 3.0 Port; 1 x eSATA Port; Memory: 6GB DDR3L Synology SDRAM; SSD Storage: 2TB (2 x 1TB) SATA III Solid State Drives for Ultra Fast Storage
- OS Features: Backup Technology with Snapshots, Next Generation File System for Data Protection, 4K Multimedia Server Capabilities, Digital Asset Protection via Built-In Security Tools, File Access and Sharing via QuickConnect, Synology Office Applications
- Synology NAS chassis comes in a sealed box.
- Hard drives and memory upgrades included separately NOT installed, installation required.
Synology DiskStation DS218+ 2-Bay NAS Enclosure, Dual-Core 2.0GHz, No HDD
|Is Adult Product|
Synology 2 Bay NAS DiskStation DS218 (Diskless) + 2 Seagate 8TB IRONWOLF SATA 7200 RPM Hard Drives
- EXCLUSIVE BUNDLE: This unique bundle is just what you need to keep your data safe and secure at all times. Its durability, and slim form makes it perfect no matter where you are.
- AMPLE STORAGE: With the high capacity of 8TB, you can store and back up all of your files. This storage solution is perfect in every setting!
- HARD DRIVE FEATURES: 8TB Storage Capacity - 3.5" Form Factor-SATA III 6 Gb/s Interface-256MB Cache - 2 x 3.5/2.5" SATA HDD/SSD Drive Bays
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Synology 2 bay NAS DiskStation DS218 (Diskless) + 2 Seagate 8TB IRONWOLF SATA 7200 RPM Hard Drives
- SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE: Photo4less is a SEAGATE AUTHORIZED DEALER. Rest assured knowing that your purchase is fully backed by Seagate with Photo4less exceptional Customer Service.
Synology 4 Bay NAS Rackstation RS819 (Diskless)
- Scalable 4-bay 1U rack mount NAS for business workgroups; scale up to 8 drives with Synology RX418
- 64-Bit quad-core 1.4GHz processor; encryption performance at over 224 MB/s reading, 152 MB/s writing
- Compact chassis design, Less than 12-inch deep
- Dual 1GbE LAN with failover and Link Aggregation support
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 4, 096 system-wide snapshots and 256 snapshots per shared folder
Synology DiskStation DS918+ NAS Server for Business with Intel Celeron CPU, 8GB Memory, 256GB SSD, 16TB HDD, Synology DSM Operating System
- Synology DiskStation DS918+, made for a variety of server roles such as backup, file storage, email servers, and domain controllers!
- Intel Celeron J3455 Quad-Core 1.5GHz 2MB CPU; 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3L Synology SDRAM; SSD Storage: 256GB (2 x 128GB) M.2 Solid State Drives for Ultra Fast Storage; HDD Storage: 16TB (4 x 4TB) 6Gb/s SATA 3.5 Inch HDDs for High Capacity Storage; 2 x RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port (with Link Aggregation / Failover support); 2 x USB 3.0 Port; 1 x eSATA Port
- Features: Security Advisor, AES 256-bit Encryption, 2 Factor Authentication, Cloud Station Suite, 4K Multimedia Server role, Desktop Backup, Surveillance Station role, Collaboration Suite, and many more
- Synology NAS chassis comes in a sealed box.
- Hard drives and memory upgrades included separately NOT installed, installation required.
Synology 2 bay NAS DiskStation DS218j (Diskless)
1 used from $530.41
- A versatile entry-level 2-bay NAS for home and personal cloud storage
- Over 113 MB/s reading, 112 MB/s writing
- Dual-core CPU with hardware encryption engine. Operating Temperature: 5°C to 40°C (40°F to 104°F)
- Everywhere access with iOS/Android/Windows ready mobile apps
- An integrated media server supporting multimedia streaming.Maximum Single Volume Size:16 TB
Seagate IronWolf 4TB NAS Internal Hard Drive HDD – CMR 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 5900 RPM 64MB Cache for RAID Network Attached Storage – Frustration Free Packaging (ST4000VNZ008/VN008)
$94.99 in stock
6 used from $72.11
- IronWolf internal hard drives are the ideal solution for up to 8 bay, multi user NAS environments craving powerhouse performance
- Store more and work faster with a NAS optimized hard drive providing 4TB and cache of up to 64MB
- Purpose built for NAS enclosures, IronWolf delivers less wear and tear, little to no noise/vibration, no lags or down time, increased file sharing performance, and much more
- Easily monitor the health of drives using the integrated IronWolf Health Management system and enjoy long term reliability with 1M hours MTBF
- Five-year limited product warranty protection plan and three year Rescue Data Recovery Services included