Since its introduction, Sony’s flagship a6000 has verified to be the most popular APS-C format cameras available, and deservedly so. Fast-forward 2 yrs and Sony has released the a6300, a camera that’s markedly better in several ways compared to the camera it replaces.
Get Sony A6300 Camera in Amazon (Black Friday, Cyber Monday 2020)
- Sony Alpha a6400 Mirrorless Camera: Compact APS-C Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with Real-Time Eye Auto Focus – Check Price in Amazon
- Sony Alpha a6300 ILCE6300M/B 24.2 MP Mirrorless Digital Camera with F3.5-5.6 OSS Zoom Lens – Check Price in Amazon
- Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera 24.3MP SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD (Black) w/16-50mm Power Zoom Lens – Check Price in Amazon
- Sony Alpha A6100 Mirrorless Camera – Check Price in Amazon
- Sony a5100 16-50mm Interchangeable Lens Camera with 3-Inch Flip Up LCD (Black) – Check Price in Amazon
Check Prices in All Stores Sony A6300 Camera [Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2020]
Apart from a few tweaks to the layout of the control dials and buttons at the top and rear panels, and a modest (2.2oz) upsurge in weight, the a6000 and a6300 are practically identical-the big changes are internal.
Building façade along Manhattan’s High Line; f/8.0; 1/250; ISO 100
In line with the numbers, the a6300’s all-new 24.2MP Exmor CMOS sensor actually contains slightly fewer pixels in comparison with the 24.3MP sensor found in the a6000. Nevertheless, because of improved wiring technologies leading to better signal-to-noise ratios, larger photodiodes, and an updated BIONZ X image processor, the brand new a6300 captures image files that are cleaner and perceptually sharper, with less image noise.
The largest shakeup is in the autofocus department. The a6000 featured 198 phase detection points and 25 contrast detection points. The a6300 includes a new High-Density AF Tracking system, 4D FOCUS, that sports 425 phase detection points and 169 contrast detection points, which used makes an enormous difference.
The camera’s new High-Density Tracking AF system surrounds the topic with about 7.5-times as much active AF focus points as the a6000, leading to higher degrees of AF speed and accuracy. The a6300 focuses fast and with out a hint of hesitation.
Within my time with the camera I didn’t find any focus searching-even when shooting at night. The AF system in the a6300 is that good. The a6000 wasn’t a slouch by any measure, and the a6300 is way better yet.
The a6300’s AF system isn’t the only feature on the fast-lane; now you can capture up to 11 fps in continuous capture mode or a selection of up to 8 fps when shooting in Live View. At 11 fps, image capture becomes near-cinematic-think high-definition movie stills. Equally important: I could hold focus throughout each one of the sequences I captured with the camera.
Cyclist maneuvering through a construction zone at 8 fps; f/7.1; 1/125; ISO 250
For shooting in theaters and other sound-sensitive locations, the Sony a6300 includes a Silent Shooting mode, that allows you to fully capture up to 3 fps with full AF and AE Tracking.
If you have a tendency to photograph people, you might like to try the camera’s Eye AF feature, which tracks focus of your subject’s eyes when shooting in continuous mode. The camera also offers an Expandable Flexible Spot feature that automatically redirects select focus points should you momentarily lose focus tracking on your own subject.
For composing stills and video, Sony’s a6300 includes a 2.4-million dot XGA OLED electronic viewfinder. Alternately, you should use the camera’s 3.0” 921,600-dot LCD, that can be tilted 90° up and about 45° down. I came across myself heading back and forth between your two, based on the problem.
It appears as if half of the High Line is a construction zone. One building is completed and a different one sprouts up on the contrary side of the road; f/7.1; 1/100; ISO 100
For critical focusing when shooting at wide apertures and close subject-to-lens distances, the a6300 includes a focus magnifier which can be engaged in manual aswell as in AF mode. I find this feature particularly helpful for checking focus when shooting with wide-angle and longer focal length lenses set with their maximum apertures. The resolving power of modern EVFs and LCDs is remarkable, however, when shooting with mirrorless cameras, I love getting the option of focusing tight on the facts.
The native ISO sensitivity of the brand new camera remains ISO100, nonetheless it now tops out at ISO51200, that is a stop faster compared to the a6000. Just like the a6000, the a6300 provides 16-bit image processing and compressed 14-bit raw output. A fresh and noteworthy feature on the a6300 is the substitute for set the very least shutter speed when shooting in Auto ISO mode. In the event that you anticipate shooting fast-moving subjects-especially under low light conditions, that is an attribute you’ll want to activate.
A night shot of a sewer grating, in New Brunswick, NJ; f/7.1; 0.4″; ISO 400
For stills, Sony’s a6300 offers a selection of JPEG compressions, combined with the substitute for shoot raw and RAW+JPEG.
If you’re into video, don’t feel ignored. Sony’s a6300 captures 4K video in the Super 35mm format with full pixel readout no pixel binning, that allows for approximately 2.4-times as much data as necessary for 4K capture (QFHD: 3840 x 2160).
You also have the opportunity to capture Full HD 1080p recording in frame rates up to 120 fps, with AF tracking at a lttle bit rate of 100 Mbps, or 4x/5x slow-motion video internally with a frame rate of 30 or 24 fps.
The a6300 offers the overall flexibility of S-Gamut/S-Log shooting for post-production color grading. To reduce whiteout and blackout, the S-Log3 and S-Log2 gamma curves include a dynamic selection of up to 1300%, with a 14-stop latitude in S-Log3. The camera also offers a Gamma Display Assist feature, that allows you to show scenes with natural contrast levels while recording with S-Log settings.
Lots of triangles upon this wood pedestrian path, Johnson Park, Piscataway NJ; f/13.0; 1/60; ISO 200
Other noteworthy video features on the new a6300 include a sophisticated Zebra function, and Clean HDMI output that supports 4K and Full HD for uncompressed video which can be output to external recorders and monitors.
And a built-in mic jack, the a6300 offers support for an optional XLR adapter kit for use with higher-fidelity microphone systems, which is atypical for cameras in this class.
No doubt, a share of Sony fans will be disappointed to understand there’s no touchscreen on the a6300. Personally speaking, I could live without a touchscreen, but I really do wish the LCD had a swivel mount, which would permit high and low-angle viewing when shooting in landscape and portrait mode.
Out in the field, the Sony a6300 handles quite nicely. If you’re acquainted with Sony’s menu system, the camera will feel quite familiar for you. If you’re not used to Sony, fear not-the menus are pretty straightforward and shouldn’t be considered a challenge to learn.
In the event that you can’t wait to go back home before you begin sharing your pictures with the world, the a6300 includes a One-Touch picture sharing function, helping you to wirelessly transfer pictures to your tablet or smartphone. All you have to to accomplish is upload Sony’s PlayMemories Mobile software to any Android-based device, tap it against your camera, and it’s done.
Sony Alpha a6400 Mirrorless Camera: Compact APS-C Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with Real-Time Eye Auto Focus, 4K Video, Flip Screen & 16-50mm Lens - E Mount Compatible Cameras - ILCE-6400L/B
11 used from $946.20
- 20.1MP stacked back illuminated 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor w/ DRAM, large aperture 24-70mm1 F1.8-2.8 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens
- Enhanced subject capture: wide 425 Phase/ 425 contrast detection points over 84 percent of the sensor
- Fast & accurate: Up to 11Fps continuous shooting at 24.2 MP raw with crisp, clear natural colors
- Multiple movie functions: Make time lapse movies or slow/quick motion videos without post processing
- Tiltable LCD screen: customizable for vlogging, still photography or recording a professional film
Sony Alpha a6300 ILCE6300M/B 24.2 MP Mirrorless Digital Camera with F3.5-5.6 OSS Zoom Lens, E 18-135mm, Black
1 used from $1,199.00
- FASTER AUTOFOCUS: Shoot up to 11fps with 425 phase detection auto focus points and 0.05 sec AF speed
- INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY: Advanced 24.2 MP Exmore CMOS sensor expands sensitivity and minimizes noise
- ELECTRONIC VIEWFINDER: Cameras feature a high resolution XGA OLED Tru-Finder for enhanced viewing
- 4K & HD RECORDING: Record professional content with multiple movie functions and full pixel readout
- LENS INCLUDED: Sony E-Mount 16-50 mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS retractable zoom lens shoots in stunning detail
Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera 24.3MP SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD (Black) w/16-50mm Power Zoom Lens
24 used from $486.00
- Advanced 24.2MP back Illuminated 35 millimeter full frame image sensor
- ISO 100 25600 (expandable to 51200). Lens compatibility: Sony E mount lenses
- Hybrid AF with 179 point focal plane phase detection and 25 contrast detect points
- Up to 11 FPS continuous shooting. Battery Life (Still Images): Up to 360 shots. Metering type:1200-zone evaluative metering
- 3 inch tilting LCD with 921,000 dots. Viewfinder Type: 0.39 in type electronic viewfinder (color)
Sony Alpha A6100 Mirrorless Camera
2 used from $699.95
- World’s fastest AF at 0.02 sec. W/ real-time AF & Object tracking
- Wide 425-phase/425-contrast detection AF points over 84% of sensor
- 24.2MP APS-C Exmor sensor w/ front end LSI and ISO up to 51,200
- Up to 11fps continuous shooting5 at 24.2MP RAW w/ AF/AE tracking
- Real-time AF Tracking, Real-time Eye AF for human and animal
Sony a5100 16-50mm Interchangeable Lens Camera with 3-Inch Flip Up LCD (Black)
2 used from $624.95
- Ultra-fast auto focus with 179 AF points and 6Fps
- Capture life in high resolution with 24MP APS-C sensor.Lens compatibility Sony E-mount lenses
- Instant sharing via smartphone with Wi-Fi and NFC1
- Record Full HD 1080/24/60P video3 up to 50MB/s. Compatible OS - Windows Vista SP2-6, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Mac OS X (v10.7-v10.9)
- Contains- Rechargeable Battery (NP-FW50) AC Charger (AC-UB10) Lens cap Shoulder strap Micro USB cable. BIONZ X engine for superb detail and noise reduction
Sony Alpha a7 IIK E-mount interchangeable lens mirrorless camera with full frame sensor with 28-70mm Lens
8 used from $1,279.00
- World’s first 5 axis in body image stabilization in a full frame camera
- Use your favorite lenses without blur from camera shake; High 50 Mbps bit rate XAVC S21 format recording of Full HD movies
- Capture stunning images with full frame, 24.3MP resolution. Lens Compensation: Peripheral shading, chromatic aberration, distortion
- Fast hybrid AF with phase detection: 30 percent faster than a7
- Compatible with Sony’s E mount lenses, and others with adaptors
Sony Alpha a6500 Mirrorless Digital Camera w/ 2.95" LCD (Body Only)
$739.99 in stock
10 used from $739.99
- 24.2MP APS-C Exmor sensor w/ advanced processing up to ISO 51.200
- Wide 425 phase detection AF points, Fast 0.05 sec. AF acquisition
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization steadies every lens. Silent Shooting. Noise Reduction :Long exposure NR: On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec., High ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off
- 11fps continuous shooting to 269 frames at 24.2MP w/ AE/AF tracking
- 4K movie w/ 2.4x oversampling4, full pixel readout, no pixel binning
Sony Alpha A6600 Mirrorless Camera
7 used from $1,286.16
- World’s fastest AF at 0 02 sec W/ real-time AF & Object tracking
- 24 2MP APS-C Exmor sensor w/ front end LSI and ISO up to 102 400
- Wide 425-phase/425-contrast detection AF points over 84% of sensor
- Up to 11fps continuous shooting at 24 2MP RAW w/ AF/AE tracking
- Real-time AF Tracking Real-time Eye AF for human animal movie
Panasonic LUMIX G7 4K Digital Camera, with LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm Mega O.I.S. Lens, 16 Megapixel Mirrorless Camera, 3-Inch LCD, DMC-G7KK (Black)
$497.99 in stock
1 used from $455.73
- Professional photo & video: Performance: 16 megapixel micro four thirds sensor with no low pass filter to confidently capture sharp images with a high dynamic range and artifact free performance; Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11b/g/n, 2412 MHz 2462 MHz (1 11 ch), Wi Fi / WPA / WPA2, Infrastructure mode
- 4K video Capture: 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160) with three unique 4K ultra HD video pause and save 4K photo modes extracts individual high resolution Photos from 4K ultra HD video filmed at 30 frames per second to capture split second moments
- Intuitive Controls: Easily control aperture and shutter settings with the front and rear dials while making White balance and ISO adjustments on the fly; Assign favorite settings to any of the six function buttons (six on body, five on menu)
- High Resolution Viewfinder & LCD Display: High resolution (2,360K dot) OLED live view finder and rear touch Enabled 3 inch tilt/swivel LCD display (1,040 dot) are clear even in bright sunlight. Diagonal Angle of View: 75°（Ｗ）～29°（Ｔ）
- Connectivity & Ports: 3.5 millimeter external mic port, 2.5 millimeter remote port, USB 2.0 and micro HDMI Type D; Compatible with newer BUS Class UHS I/UHS II SDXC/SDHC SD cards capable of storing high resolution 4K videos
Sony ECMGZ1M Gun / Zoom Microphone (Black)
7 used from $78.99
- Records in Zoom Mic and Gun mic modes
- Zoom Mic Mode records audio level corresponding to zoom length
- Gun Mic Mode records super directional