An important aspect to consider for some users is what sort of screen will perform out from the box and with some basic manual adjustments. Since most users won’t get access to hardware colorimeter tools, it is necessary to understand the way the screen will perform with regards to colour accuracy for the common user. Get the best black friday deals and sales on your favorite products.
Get Samsung Odyssey in Amazon (Black Friday, Cyber Monday 2020)
- SAMSUNG 49-inch Odyssey G9 Gaming Monitor | QHD, 240hz, 1000R Curved, QLED, NVIDIA G-SYNC & FreeSync – Check Price in Amazon
- Samsung HMD Odyssey+ Windows Mixed Reality Headset with 2 Wireless Controllers 3.5″ Black (XE800ZBA-HC1US) – Check Price in Amazon
- Samsung Notebook Odyssey 15.6” – Laptop – Intel i7 – 16GB Memory – 512GB SSD – Blade Black – Check Price in Amazon
- Oculus Quest 2 — Advanced All-In-One Virtual Reality Headset — 256 GB – Check Price in Amazon
- Samsung 49-Inch CHG90 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor (LC49HG90DMNXZA) – Check Price in Amazon
Check Prices in All Stores Samsung Odyssey [Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2020]
We restored our graphics card to default settings and disabled any previously active ICC profiles and gamma corrections. The screen was tested at default factory settings using our new X-rite i1 Pro 2 Spectrophotometer coupled with LaCie’s Blue Eye Pro software suite. An X-rite i1 Display Pro Plus colorimeter was also used to verify the black point and contrast ratio because the i1 Pro 2 spectrophotometer is less reliable at the darker end
Targets for these tests are the following:
CIE Diagram – confirms the color space included in the monitors backlighting in a 2D view, with the black triangle representing the displays gamut, and other reference colour spaces displayed for comparison. Usually displayed as a comparison against the normal sRGB space
Colour space coverage volumes – we also measure by using a software application called ChromaPure the color space (gamut) volumes made by the backlight compared to the sRGB, DCI-P3 and Rec.2020 colour spaces. sRGB may be the mostly used colour space so that it is vital that you have a decent coverage from the screen here. If the color space is >100% sRGB then your screen can create a wider colour gamut, often reaching further into the wider gamut DCI-P3 (commonly used for HDR) and Rec.2020 reference spaces.
Gamma – we shoot for 2.2 which may be the default for computer monitors
Colour temperature / white point – we shoot for 6500k which may be the temperature of daylight
Luminance – we shoot for 120 cd/m2, which may be the recommended luminance for LCD monitors in normal lighting conditions
Black depth – we shoot for only possible to increase shadow detail and offer us the very best contrast ratio
Contrast ratio (static) – we shoot for as high as possible. Any dynamic contrast ratio controls are switched off here if present
dE average / maximum – we shoot for only possible. If DeltaE >3, the colour displayed is considerably not the same as the theoretical one, and therefore the difference will be perceptible to the viewer. If DeltaE <2, LaCie considers the calibration successful; there remains hook difference, nonetheless it is barely undetectable. If DeltaE < 1, the colour fidelity is excellent.
Default Performance and Setup
It ought to be noted that people also turned off a couple of things in the OSD before conducting these tests, in order never to impact the measurements:
Default sharpness of 60 felt somewhat too sharp for general work, accentuating it a touch too much. We recommended that turned down to another level lower at 56
Local dimming was switched off – we is only going to want to use that for HDR content really (tested later)
Dynamic brightness was switched off so as never to alter the brightness or screen appearance of these tests
The screen also posesses factory calibration in the default ‘Custom’ mode. There is absolutely no paper report given the screen, and instead the factory calibration report for the machine is built into the OSD menu which is handy, and a good feature. Our unit has apparently been factory calibrated to a 2.26 average gamma and a 2.08 dE max.
Out of your box the screen was occur the ‘Custom’ preset mode and with an extremely bright 100% brightness that was uncomfortable to use for long periods. You should turn that down much like most screens. The color balance felt very good out from the box and you could tell that the screen was by using a wide gamut backlight, as the colours looks vivid and bright, especially greens and reds. We went ahead and measured the default state with the i1 Pro 2.
The CIE diagram on the left of the image confirms that the monitors colour gamut (black triangle) extends a significant way beyond the sRGB reference space (orange triangle), mostly in green and red shades. We measured using ChromaPure software a 123.0% sRGB gamut volume coverage which corresponds to 90.7% of the DCI-P3 reference and 65.0% of the Rec.2020 reference. This is near the specified 125% sRGB / 90% DCI-P3 which is very good news. Addititionally there is an sRGB emulation mode on this screen which we will test in an instant which provides a method to decrease the colour gamut somewhat if you wanted to particularly use smaller standard gamut content. The wider gamut within the default mode with an increase of vivid and saturated colours is nice for gaming and multimedia which may be the screen’s primary target usage.
You can view that the Mode2 gamma setting returned a slightly better gamma curve, with typically 2.23 measured. This did deliver an improved overall gamma setup, but appears to introduce some minor banding in darker gradients.
Luminance at the default high 100% brightness level was recorded at 398 cd/m2 that is a much too high for prolonged general use, you will have to turn that down. The black depth was 0.14 cd/m2 as of this default brightness setting, giving us a fantastic 2793:1 contrast ratio which can be an clear strength of the VA panel technology. Colour accuracy measurements ought to be ignored here really because they are comparing the produced wider gamut display colours against an sRGB reference that may always bring about errors. There is no sign of any colour banding at default settings when testing gradients that was good news, however, many moderate gradation in darker tones evident.
SAMSUNG 49-inch Odyssey G9 Gaming Monitor | QHD, 240hz, 1000R Curved, QLED, NVIDIA G-SYNC & FreeSync | LC49G95TSSNXZA Model
2 used from $1,287.99
- Get your head in the game with the 49-inch Odyssey G9, which matches the curve of the human eye, for maximum immersion and minimal eyestrain. With the screen space of two 27” panels, you can truly take command on the battlefield.
- Product dimensions | Without stand – 45.18” W x 14.31” H x 11.46” D | With stand – 45.18” W x 21.15” H x 16.39” H | Weight without stand – 31.1 lbs. | Curvature – 1000R | Resolution – 5,120 x 1,440 | Refresh rate – 240Hz | Power cable length – 1.5 meters
- See your games as they were meant to be seen, with Samsung HDR 1000 | Bring unrivalled depth to every world you choose to explore, and experience insane levels of detail in every scene
- Customize your Odyssey with distinct core color customization, allowing you to match your monitor with the rest of your gaming setup | TV does not have in-built speakers but can hook with headphones or a sound system
- The 49-inch DQHD resolution brings you a display as wide as two QHD monitors sitting side by side, with incredibly detailed, pin-sharp images | Experience a more encompassing view with maximum space to take in all the action
SAMSUNG 32-Inch G5 Odyssey Gaming Monitor with 1000R Curved Screen, 144Hz, 1ms, FreeSync Premium, QHD (LC32G55TQWNXZA), Black
3 used from $321.99
- UNMATCHED IMMERSION: Get your head in the game with Odyssey’s 1000R panel, which matches the curvature of the human eye for maximum immersion and minimal eye strain
- STUNNING WQHD: Your gaming world, now astoundingly lifelike. Packing in 1.7 times the pixel density of Full HD, WQHD resolution boasts incredibly detailed, pin-sharp images. Experience a fuller view with more space to take in all the action
- EXPRESS 144Hz REFRESH RATE: More than double your potential frame production, with the Odyssey G5. With a 144hz super smooth refresh rate, you’ll never want to go back to a traditional screen
- LIGHTNING FAST 1ms RESPONSE TIMES: A fraction of a second can be the difference between your destruction, or your enemy’s. With Odyssey’s grey to grey 1ms response time, you can be sure that you’re receiving information as fast as technologically possible
- AMD FREESYNC PREMIUM: Effortlessly smooth gameplay. AMD FreeSync Premium features adaptive sync technology which reduces screen tearing, stutter, and input latency. Low framerate compensation ensures every scene flows seamlessly
Samsung HMD Odyssey+ Windows Mixed Reality Headset with 2 Wireless Controllers 3.5" Black (XE800ZBA-HC1US)
8 used from $449.00
- 3K anti-sde AMOLED display (2880x1600) with wide 110O field of view
- Direct Full Array Backlight 4X: Concentrated Zones of Precision-Controlled LEDs Auto-Adjust Contrast Between Pure Whites and Ultra-Deep Blacks, Revealing Hidden Details in Even the Darkest Scenes
- Access to Windows mr store and steamer libraries for thousands of games & experiences
- Premium, built-in AKG headphones w/360O spatial Sound and Mic
- Adjustable headband, now 10% lighter with improved comfortable materials
Samsung Notebook Odyssey 15.6” – Laptop – Intel i7 – 16GB Memory – 512GB SSD – Blade Black
- NVIDIA RTX 2060 graphics card: taking the leap to next-gen gaming starts with the phenomenal power of the NVIDIA RTX 2060 graphics card. By accurately simulating the physical behavior of light, ray-tracing delivers real-time, hyper-realistic, cinematic-quality graphics you have to see to believe. Flawless realism combined with super-smooth game play means you'll never have to sacrifice performance again
- Intelligently system: even when the action is at its hottest, you're able to keep your cool. Built with an advanced penta-pipe cooling System and packed with 83 individual Jet blades, the notebook odyssey efficiently cycles cool air through the chassis—while expelling heat—for maximum overclocking. Now you'll enjoy a smoother graphics performance, even during your most intense gaming sessions
- All-metal design: the solid yet streamlined All-Metal notebook Odyssey is stunning to look at, and that's before you feast your eyes on the 15.6" Fhd Display. Experience impeccable gaming visuals at 144Hz with G-SYNC for ultra-smooth motion optimized to keep up with even the fastest action without screen tearing or stuttering
- Next performance: power through the competition with the 8th Gen Intel Core i7 8750H Processor, which allows the picture to precisely match your every move. Plus, with 16GB of DDR4 memory, It can efficiently juggle multiple programs at once without slowing down your game
- Dolby atomos: feel as if you're part of the scene As the sounds of the action come alive with breathtaking realism. Multidimensional Dolby Atoms sound transports you from ordinary to extraordinary, dropping you into the center of the action and giving you an edge on the competition
Oculus Quest 2 — Advanced All-In-One Virtual Reality Headset — 256 GB
9 used from $388.98
- Next-level Hardware - Make every move count with a blazing-fast processor and our highest-resolution display
- All-In-One Gaming - With backward compatibility, you can explore new titles and old favorites in the expansive Quest content library
- Immersive Entertainment - Get the best seat in the house to live concerts, groundbreaking films, exclusive events and more
- Quest 2 requires your Facebook account to log in, making it easy to meet up with friends in VR and discover communities around the world
- Easy Setup - Just open the box, set up with the smartphone app and jump into VR. No PC or console needed. Requires wireless internet access and the Oculus app (free download) to set up device
Samsung 49-Inch CHG90 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor (LC49HG90DMNXZA) – Super Ultrawide Screen QLED Computer Monitor, 3840 x 1080p Resolution, 1ms Response, FreeSync 2 with HDR
$735.99 in stock
6 used from $735.99
- 49 inch super ultrawide 32:9 curved gaming monitor with dual 27 inch screen side by side
- Quantum Dot (QLED) Technology, HDR support and factory calibration provides stunningly realistic and accurate color and contrast
- 144HZ HIGH REFRESH RATE and 1ms ultra-fast response time work to eliminate motion blur, ghosting, and reduce input lag
- ENHANCED ERGONOMICS with an adjustable stand and VESA compatibility.Brightness:350cd/m2 (Typ.), 250cd/m2 (Min.)
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS (with stand): 47.36 inches x 20.69 inches x 15.02 inches (WxHxD). Dimensions Without Stand-47.3 x 14.5 x 7.6 inches
Samsung Hmd Odyssey Windows Mixed Reality Headset with 2 Wireless Controllers (XE800ZAA-HC1US)
1 used from $599.00
- Premium built in AKG headphones won’t shake loose during gameplay. With rich 360 degree spatial sound, you can hear when someone’s sneaking up on you and detect clues about what’s around you.
- Any mixed reality badge headset is compatible. Any of the windows mixed reality badged motion controllers are compatible. PC compatible game pad or mouse/ keyboard will work too.The only mixed reality headset to Feature an integrated microphone array. Built directly into the headset, the array reduces noise so you can communicate clearly and interact with Cortana
- Imagine the Thrill of VR combined with a phenomenal sense of presence. With Windows mixed reality, you can Escape to a world of immersive, exhilarating experiences
- Windows Mixed Reality requires a compatible Windows 10 PC and headset, plus the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
Samsung Notebook Odyssey Z 15.6” – Laptop – Intel i7 – 16GB Memory – 256GB SSD – Light Titan
1 used from $1,291.52
- Ultraslim Design: Brushed aluminum cover and 15.6” size make the Odyssey Z perfectly portable.
- Z Aeroflow Cooling System: Keeps you cool with two internal fans to expel heat from the CPU and GPU at the same time.
- Gaming and Graphics Performance: Intel Core i7 8th generation CPU and a dedicated NVIDIA GTX1060 deliver fast frame rates and HD content.
- Backlit Ergonomic Keyboard: All your keys pop with the LED-backlit keyboard. Curved keycaps offer precision and comfort.
- Ultra-fast SSD + Storage: An ultra-fast 256GB SSD and 16GB DDR4 memory mean games, video editing apps and more load in a flash.
Samsung Odyssey Notebook 15.6-Inch, 8GB, Intel Core i7, 1TB HDD Gaming Laptop (Black, NP800G5H-X02US)
1 used from $1,209.00
- Engineering innovation for advanced cooling and relentless power.
- Color precise viewing, accurate gaming.
- Enhanced gaming usability.
Samsung Electronics LC49HG90DMNXZA CHG90 Series Curved 49-Inch Gaming Monitor (Renewed)
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- 49-inch monitor with super ultra-wide 49-inch screen with its innovative 32:9 aspect ratio
- Samsung QLED delivers purer, brighter, and more lifelike colors. Maximum Power Consumption 113 Watt
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) Technology. HDMI : 2 EA (2.0)
- Smoother Gameplay with Fast 144hz refresh rate and HAS stand