For most beginner guitarists, the trusty nylon-string acoustic, or ‘classical guitar’, may be the first port of call. Often these guitars are inexpensive, with a playing action greater than a suspension bridge rather than a good deal going on tonally. It could come as a surprise then, to obtain the nylon-string scene comes with an entire other dimension to it. Indeed, there are nylon models available from all of the top brands in the acoustic world, with prices reaching similarly eye-watering levels for the most effective classical guitars.
Get Upto 50% Off in Amazon Black Friday Sale
Get Classical Guitar in Amazon (Black Friday, Cyber Monday )
- Pyle 36” Classical Acoustic Guitar-3/4 Junior Size 6 Linden Wood Guitar w/Gig Bag, Tuner, Nylon Strings – Check Price in Amazon
- ADM Full Size Classical Nylon Strings Acoustic Guitar with Gig Bag, E-tuner, Footstool, Kids Student Beginner Kits, Nature – Check Price in Amazon
- Yamaha Student Series CGS103AII Classical Guitar, Natural – Check Price in Amazon
- Yamaha CG122MCH Solid Cedar Top Classical Guitar – Check Price in Amazon
- JMFinger Full Size Classical Guitar 39 inch Guitar for Beginners with Gig Bag, Strap, Picks, 3 in 1 Metronome&Tuner – Check Price in Amazon
Check Prices in All Stores Classical Guitar [Black Friday & Cyber Monday ]
Admittedly, high-end nylon-string guitars have a tendency to serve a number of specific niches of music, namely classical and flamenco, but their overall appeal does crossover in a few areas. In this guide we’ll discuss what distinguishes different types of classical guitar in one another, aswell as offering some tips of among the best classical guitars you can purchase today.
With Black Friday coming, it may be worth holding off on picking right up a fresh classical guitar before Black Friday guitar deals start emerging. We’ll be reporting on the very best offers through to Black Friday itself.
Which will be the best classical guitars?
On balance, the Taylor Academy 12e-N is hard to beat in neuro-scientific classical guitars. Any acoustic player – steel or nylon – will know of Taylor because of its reputation for providing guitars at the very top table, but using its Academy series, Taylor has learned how exactly to pack in every its experience and know-how right into a range which is affordable to the masses.
The Taylor 12e-N offers the classic Taylor package; wonderful tone, excellent playability and exemplary construction. Even if you’re not really a nylon player, the 12e-N will probably be worth a quick dabble in the event that you get the opportunity. It could open your eyes to an totally different method of playing.
Best classical guitars: Buying advice
If you’re buying nylon-string guitar specifically, instead of a general purpose classical guitar, then the it’s likely that that you play either classical or flamenco styles. These genres need a guitar that is intended for the initial techniques involved, and ‘normal’ steel-strung acoustics simply wouldn’t provide enough finger real-estate where to work your magic.
How is a classical guitar not the same as an acoustic guitar?
Classical guitars change from standard steel-string acoustic guitars in a number of ways, not least in the expanded width of the neck – up to 2” – to support more technical fretting shapes.
You’ll also find dissimilarities in the construction, body condition and weight distribution. Bracing – the technique of providing rigidity to your body – is generally much lighter and arranged in ways to improve the guitar’s resonance, while classical and flamenco guitars also generally have a shallower body depth than you’d find on, for instance, a dreadnought acoustic.
Within the sub-genre you’ll also find dissimilarities between flamenco and classical nylon-string guitars, with flamenco versions often having a reinforced plate to safeguard your body when percussive techniques are used. The neck on a flamenco guitar also is commonly flatter too, that allows for the playing action to be lower.
Freshen up with the very best acoustic guitar strings
Push your creative imagination with the very best guitar capos
And also classical and flamenco nylon-string guitars, additionally, there are hybrids which utilise a few of the features and aesthetics of ‘regular’ guitars – like narrower necks – which give a good middle-ground to anyone seeking the warm, mellow sound of nylon, but who doesn’t want to totally change their playing technique.
Regardless, the very best classical guitar for you personally is the the one that allows you to reach your playing goals. They are professional tools and also have certain characteristics which perhaps don’t lend themselves to playing crossover styles, however in the right hands an excellent nylon acoustic is a sight to behold. Here’s a glance at among the best classical guitars nowadays. We’ve standard classical guitars, flamenco guitars and hybrids, plus acoustic-electric options too.
The very best classical guitars on the market
(Image credit: Taylor)
- Taylor Academy 12e-N
Basically the best classical guitar for many people
Price: $699/£779 | Top: Lutz Spruce | Back & sides: Layered Sapele | Neck: Mahogany | Fingerboard: West African Ebony | Scale: 25.5” | Frets: 17 | Finishes: Varnish
Taylor-appropriate build quality
Neck perhaps slightly too narrow for pure classical players
Taylor is seeing some very nice successes from its Academy line, which promises the full-fat Taylor experience at a price which makes them – at least relatively – affordable for the countless. The Taylor Academy 12e-N is a excellent nylon-strung option which gives the great things about classical and flamenco styling with the ergonomic familiarity of a far more standard steel-strung guitar.
We particularly just like the bevelled armrest which designed for a nicely comfortable playing experience, while we were impressed with the way the onboard electronics retained the guitar’s natural resonance even at higher volumes.
(Image credit: Cordoba)
- Cordoba C7-CE
Gorgeous Spanish-specific nylon with onboard electronics
Price: $699/£649 | Top: Canadian Red Cedar | Back & sides: Rosewood | Neck: Mahogany | Fingerboard: Rosewood | Scale: 25.5” | Frets: 19 | Finishes: Gloss
You’ll love the cedar top
Be sure you turn the built-in tuner off!
Gigging musicians often require some quality level and reliability from their guitars, and in the Cordoba C7-CE there is an affordable, top quality guitar that would suit you perfectly nicely. The C7-CE packs in a few exceptional tone-woods, which elevate your guitar sonically and aesthetically, and the onboard Fishman electronics, which blends an under-saddle piezo with an interior microphone, permits precise control over your amplified tone.
For the purchase price, the Cordoba C7-CE is a fairly compelling package, and one we’re pleased to recommend.
Our top picks to find the best acoustic guitars under $500
10 best acoustic guitars under $1,000: great tone for less
(Image credit: Ovation)
- Ovation Timeless Legend
This bowl-back nylon acoustic is simply perfect for the stage
Price: $1,299/£1,195 | Top: Solid Cedar | Back & sides: Lyrachord | Neck: 5-piece mahogany/maple | Fingerboard: Ebony | Scale: 26.2” | Frets: 19 | Finishes: Natural
Bold, projected sound
Neck is a dream to play
Neck could be too thin for traditionalists
Ovation is something of a curio, relying since it does on that familiar ‘bowl’ shaped back and sides. Charles Kamen, founder of Ovation, believed there have been certain inherent frequencies he didn’t want within an acoustic and set after building his own solution comprising composite materials usually within the aviation industry. The effect was, and is, a guitar which promises elite performance at high volume levels, without concern with nasty feedback usually connected with amplifying acoustic guitars.
The Ovation Timeless Legend Nylon may be the culmination of most that innovation, providing a good cedar top gives a mellow, balanced sound when combined with Lyrachord material. That is a high-end instrument, of this there is absolutely no doubt, although its neck is slightly thinner than some classical or flamenco veterans may like. Having said that, if you’re likely to name your guitar ‘Timeless Legend’ it have to be good, and thankfully Ovation has were able to surpass that promise.
Pyle 36” Classical Acoustic Guitar-3/4 Junior Size 6 Linden Wood Guitar w/Gig Bag, Tuner, Nylon Strings, Picks, Strap, for Beginners, Adults, Right, Natural (PGACLS82)
17 used from $39.89
- 36” BEGINNER GUITAR SET: Pyle brings you a complete all-in-one acoustic guitar set, everything you need to start playing. The guitar comes with a gig bag case, pitch pipe tuner, spare strings, pearloid picks, cleaning cloth, and a gift card
- JUNIOR SCALE SIZE: A junior scale 6 string guitar perfect for use on lessons, recitals, band rehearsals, onstage performances or when practicing at home. Has a traditional classic body style great for beginners and children learning to play guitar
- HANDCRAFTED: The classical guitar features handcrafted construction w/ linden wood body, birch headstock, dyed maple wood fretboard, high gloss polished body back w/ protective binding, rosette linden laminate finish, chrome 3-in-line machine head
- BEGINNER READY: This traditional junior classic acoustic stringed instrument kit is excellent for both beginner and children looking to start guitar playing. It brings you everything you need to start playing straight out of the box
- SPECIFICATIONS: Total length: 36”; Scale length: 22.8”; Total body length: 17.3”; Total neck length (Nut to body): 18.5”; No. of frets: 18 frets; Guitar body material: Linden wood; String material: Nylon; Total dimensions: 35.8” L x 13.4” W x 3.35” H
ADM Full Size Classical Nylon Strings Acoustic Guitar with Gig Bag, E-tuner, Footstool, Kids Student Beginner Kits, Nature
$101.99 in stock
- ALL IN ONE FOR BEGINNERS: This guitar starter kit comes with novice essential accessories at an affordable price. One waterproof guitar bag, one digital tuner, one footstool, one stand, one capo and extra strings. Everything you need to start playing immediately comes in one box. Save your time and money.
- SPECIAL DESIGN: Fan style bracing makes guitar sound better. Dual-action truss rod enables you to "balance" the tension on the neck and make your guitar easy to play.
- SELECTED MATERIAL: Featured with solid spruce for the top, nato for the neck, selected basswood for the back and side. All classical guitars were handmade by experienced workers.
- SMOOTH TUNING PEGS: With duarble hard acrylic, ABS plastic and golden coated steel pegs. The guitar is installed with upscale machine head . It is easy to adjust with the chrome geared tuning head to keep the guitar in tune.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Within one month and extra ONE YEAR WARRANTY against manufacture's defects.
Yamaha Student Series CGS103AII Classical Guitar, Natural
1 used from $149.99
- Spruce Top
- Meranti Back & Sides
- Rosewood Fingerboard & Bridge
- Natural Finish
Yamaha CG122MCH Solid Cedar Top Classical Guitar
- Solid Cedar Top
- 3-ply neck construction to improve durability against neck warp
- Low String Action
- Rosewood Fingerboard and Bridge;19 Frets / 25.6 inches Scale
- Natural Matte Finish
JMFinger Full Size Classical Guitar 39 inch Guitar for Beginners with Gig Bag, Strap, Picks, 3 in 1 Metronome&Tuner,Natural
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL - JM Finger 39 inch classical guitar top, back, and sides are made of basswood, hardwood fingerboard and bridge with durable glossy finish. which provides a sharp-looking and comfortable feeling
- BRIGHT, RICH SOUND - Play like the pros, features a dreadnought body with smooth curves, promoting comfort during playing and brings a vibrant and stable tone suitable for all styles of music.
- ALL-IN-ONE - The ultimate starter guitar kit for a budding musician, this right-handed full size guitar set comes complete with a gig bag, 4 picks, strap, guitar hanger,string winder and 3 in 1 metronome & tuner that meet all your needs.
- BEST GIFT FOR BEGINNERS - This exquisite craftsmanship entry-level full size classical guitar is a great ideal for beginners, students, guitarists, or home-schooling. Great for birthdays, Christmas, housewarming, graduation gifts and much more.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE within one month and extra ONE YEAR WARRANTY against manufacture's defects.
Cordoba Guitars Classical Guitar 6 String Acoustic, Right Handed, Natural, (Withouth Gig Bag)
$349.00 in stock
- PERFECT ENTRY LEVEL GUITAR: Ideal for aspiring classical guitarists, as well as anyone looking for the warm sound of nylon strings and comfortable playability
- POWERFUL TONE: One of Córdoba's flagship models, the C5 is perfect as a first nylon-string guitar, this lightweight model is built with a solid Cedar top and mahogany back and sides to produce a clear, powerful tone with beautiful sustain
- BEGINNER FRIENDLY NYLON STRINGS: Lightweight and comfortable to play, nylon strings are much softer than steel strings, ideal for beginners
- 52mm nut width
- Savarez Cristal Corum strings in High Tension, 500CJ
Donner DCG-1 39 Inch Full-size Classical Acoustic Guitar Spruce Mahogany Body
- Full size 39 inch classical guitar for full and vibrant tone, comes strung with premium nylon strings.
- Right-hand design, spruce top and mahogany back and sides bring you richer and brighter sound.
- Comes with gig bag, guitar strap, guitar capo, strings, digital clip-on tuner , polishing cloth, guitar picks and footstool.
- Perfect for beginner students or a young player, started on this beautiful instrument will have a good chance of loving the guitar.
Ibanez 6 String Classical Guitar, Right, Natural (GA3)
- Spruce top
- Agathist back and sides
- Easy to play
Cordoba C4-CE Edge Burst Cutaway Classical Acoustic-Electric Nylon String Guitar, Iberia Series
- Solid African Mahogany top
- Fishman Sonitone classical piezo
- Maple Binding
- Satin finish.Bridge Material:Pau Ferro
- 50mm nut width
WINZZ 39 Inches Cutaway Nylon-string Classical Electric Guitar Build-in Pickup Kit Set
- Classical Cutaway (CE) body shape featuring sapele plywood top, back & sides
- Sound: elegant, and wide range expression, make your ears fall in love with it
- Featuring a 4-band equalizer EQ and nylon strings
- A perfect choice for the beginner and student players alike
- Includes gig carrying bag, cleaning cloth, a digital tuner and cable